You are here
City of 新利18手机版 Comprehensive Development Plan Community Expos Postponed
The City of 新利18手机版 Planning Commission has postponed the March 21 and April 4 Comprehensive Development Plan Community Expos scheduled in the 新利18手机版 Convention Center. The Convention Center is now closed through April 30 due to the growing concerns around Coronavirus, and it was necessary to postpone the Expos. “Although we are disappointed to make this decision, the health, wellness, and safety of our community is our number one priority,” said City Manager Sharon Lynn.
All City Hall meetings, including the Planning Commission, are currently on schedule. However, we encourage the public to live-stream these meetings at cityofrehoboth.civicweb.net/Portal/ in order to limit potential exposure.
For more information, please contact the Communications Department at 302-227-6181 ext. 522 or [email protected].
Comprehensive Development Plan
The Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) is the principal document outlining the City of 新利18手机版's goals and policies regarding the use of land. It has been designed as a policy statement that should remain valid in the face of change over the years. Properly used, the Plan is the basis for decision-making at all levels of government and will guide the public and private sectors toward beneficial activities affecting its people and land. This Plan has several specific purposes:
- Create a unified set of goals for change and development within and surrounding the City.
- Become the central source of guidance on proposed public activities by coordinating them to ensure that each contributes to the adopted goals.
- Apply the individual tools of planning within the framework of an overall Plan so that regulation is not arbitrarily applied.
- Guide private land-use decisions by providing information on the overall direction of the community.
- Provide analysis and policies that will allow assimilation of the unexpected to the City's advantage, turning problem into opportunity.
- Preserve the more fragile among desirable land-use arrangements and harmonize the sometimes conflicting desires of preserving an asset and using it.
And the final purpose is to...
- Help 新利18手机版 operate as a “citizen” of Delaware by adopting and following the Land-Use Goals for Delaware.
The City maintains regulations and restrictions to lessen congestion in the streets, to secure safety from fire, panic and other dangers, to promote health and general welfare, to provide adequate light and air, to prevent overcrowding of land, to avoid undue concentration of population and to facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, sewerage, schools, parks, and other public requirements. The regulations are made with reasonable consideration, among other things, as to the character of the district and its peculiar suitability for particular uses and with a view to conserving the value of buildings and encouraging the most appropriate use of land throughout the municipality.
These regulations and restrictions are contained within Chapter 270 of the City Code for the purpose of promoting public health, safety, morals or the general welfare of the City of 新利18手机版 and are known as the “新利18手机版 Zoning Ordinance".
The use of all land and any building or portion of a building erected or altered with respect to size and area added to or relocated, and every use within a building or use accessory thereto, shall be in conformity with the provisions of this chapter.